Hey there, Product Science community!
We've got some new stuff to share, including our engineering blog posts, industry thought leadership, fundraising tips, and new webinars. So, let's dive right in and enjoy this update together!
YOU ARE INVITED TO A FREE UPCOMING WEBINAR
June 7 at 10:00 AM PDT
Join us on the webinar to explore the critical role that media library optimization plays in enhancing the user experience on Android mobile applications. We will delve into common media libraries (such as #Picasso, #Glide, and #Fresco) and their impact on performance, while also providing practical tips on how to hone them for mobile.
WEBINARS RECORDINGS AVAILABLE ON OUR WEBSITE
Watch this webinar to learn about:
- UI interactions (How to show users progress and keep them engaged without creating extra wait time)
- Common issues with UX design that slow down the user experience (loader indicates delay, long transition animation, jumpy layout changes)
- How to avoid delays when designing and be mindful of performance in the earliest stages using performance-oriented UX design (look performant without being performant).
The Secret Life of Network Requests with Akshay Bharath, Lead iOS engineer, Rally.
Secret #1. Network requests have one of the biggest impacts on a phone’s battery life - app developers control this behavior.
Secret #2. Many solutions alert on network requests but none show how they behave in relation to app code - until now.
This article examines existing tools for investigating performance issues in Android apps. It describes:
- system trace tools, discussing their functionality and uses, and also their limitations in addressing performance issues effectively
Telegram app (with over 700 million monthly active users) worldwide introduced a Real-Time translation that enable users to translate messages and captions in any language. We noticed it was slow, so we dug into its open-source code, identified performance opportunities with PS Tool, and published visibility to the functions that impact performance. The Telegram team came up with great ideas for optimization and made an update.
FOR STARTUP FOUNDERS
Here's an exclusive look at the 12-slide pitch deck three siblings used to raise $17 million in funding from Coatue for their mobile app performance startup
We met with Business Insider and talked about raising funds in the current economic environment. Business Insider published an exclusive look at our pitch deck for future B2C and tech leaders. Key points from the article:
- Before you raise any capital, focus on finding clients and selling them your product. Show investors that there's demand for what you're offering.
- By demonstrating your growth and proving your product's market fit, you'll have a much easier time attracting investors who believe in your vision.
Read the full article to delve into:
- Why improving mobile app performance is such a complex task, and why it requires the use of AI to address it effectively?
- How did we come up with the idea behind the company after working at Snap and improving the app's performance on mobile devices?
- How it is possible to maintain a healthy work relationship with your siblings for over 20 years?
Android Vs iOS: Polarizing User Experience
Our founder Masha Liberman highlighted the disparity (both in performance and functionality) between iOS and Android apps as one of the most underreported phenomena in tech in her op-ed. Research shows that the overwhelming majority of the Android versions of popular apps have 10-100x times longer wait times on the key user flows.
Product Science: AI-powered APM tool for Mobile App Performance Optimization
Product Science is an AI-powered tool that offers increased visibility into the execution of code on mobile devices, addressing a longstanding issue in mobile development. Traditional native tools like Perfetto have limitations and require manual instrumentation and logging efforts. Unlike other mobile performance optimization efforts that focus on specific use cases, Product Science takes a unique position in the field, benefiting any mobile engineer regardless of their specific use case. Product Science provides tools that drastically reduce the impact of performance issues on business metrics.
CELEBRATE OUR CLIENTS
We are committed to eliminating delays caused by software inefficiency and aimed to drive mobile performance to the highest level. Our client DRESSX shares our vision and recently was included in the 2023 list of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies. The lesson to learn from one of the best is to focus on what really matters: engaging users, delivering a great experience, retaining them, and achieving growth. So, let's remember the importance of mobile app performance and its positive impact on user satisfaction and company success!
AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST - OUR NEW PROMO VIDEO IS OUT!
Product Science for people
At Product Science, we are committed to eliminating delays caused by software inefficiency for people worldwide. We believe that time is humanity's most valuable non-renewable resource and save time for end-users and software engineers.